“It is true, we cannot make a genius. We can only give each individual child the chance to fulfill his/her potential possibilities to become an independent, secure and balanced human being.”
—Dr Maria Montessori
- Our infant program offers an enriching and nurturing environment that allows your child to develop, grow and learn.
- Regardless of age, our infant staff follows your child’s specific schedule and accommodates any requests that parents may have.
- In our infant program our lead teacher is the primary caregiver for all of our little ones.
- Our teachers support our babies’ development by providing one-on-one tummy time and assistance with their gross motor skills such as sitting, standing, turning, crawling, reaching and walking.
- In order to help our babies communicate with us we also introduce them to basic sign language.
- We provide age appropriate art projects for our older infants in order to initiate exploration and awareness of their five senses.
- We also have “Bubble Time” for all of our infants which is a short interactive time of singing songs and reading books.
- In order to prepare our infants for their next stage our older infants do “work time”, which is an introduction to Montessori work.
- We will also help them self-feed and support their self-control throughout the day.
- Throughout our daily routine and with the help of our monthly curriculum; our teachers focus on different gross and fine motor skills as well as cognitive and social skills that are fundamental for our older infants development.
- As part of our Toddler Room focus, the teachers support children’s newly found skills by encouraging them to participate in class.
- Our Toddler Room reinforces children’s vocabulary by introducing new words that are constantly used throughout the day.
- During Circle Time each day our toddlers are exposed to letter sounds, shapes, colors and numbers as well as a main focus on the classroom’s weekly theme.
- We realize how active our toddler’s day can be and in order to help them our teachers practice meditation techniques to calm and relax their bodies before nap time. In our Toddler program we also start exposing our toddlers to potty training.
(2 Years to Kindergarten)
We hire only experienced and qualified teachers that are able to guide your child through his/her preschool years. At Wee Care our curriculum and classrooms are designed to assist children in learning at his/her own pace while developing social skills and self-confidence. Children at our school use special materials which will help them to develop the concentration, coordination and working habits necessary for later in life.
Over and above the main curriculum covering math and language standards each month, a subject (unit plan) is chosen to present to the children for a more external look at life. For example: sea life, healthy eating, dinosaurs, solar system and life cycle of a butterfly. Additional materials are added to the shelves to help reinforce the chosen topic. The child will also create art projects to help simulate creativity and conversation on each topic.
Finally, we would like to make note that in addition to teaching via Montessori methods we also teach children using regular preschool methods. This means that the children who complete our program are well rounded and often times academically prepared to a superior level for entry into a school First Grade class than their peers.